This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
SANTAS GROTTO AND AN ELEPHANT SEAL
We live here in an oil heated cocoon where we can only engage with the astonishing beauty of our surroundings with a lot of expensive back up. So although the Antarctic is all around us it seems you can never quite touch it. That is why until recently man has never lived here, because you cannot live in such harsh surroundings without an industrial backup. There have been some, like Shackleton who have been forced to survive off the land for a year but they were lucky to survive so long.
For me the highlight of Christmas was 'the Queens Speech', delivered by our French chef Cyril, bedecked in a string of false pearls and delivered in a strong French accent which ever so subtly mocked this long standing British tradition!
- ► 2011 (33)
- FRIDAY 29TH. ANCHORAGE ISLAND
- THURSDAY 28TH. ORCHAS IN THE BAY
- SANTAS GROTTO AND AN ELEPHANT SEAL
- Summer Solstice
- Ice in the bay
- camping out and training on ice
- Saturday 16th, On the glacier above the base
- FRIDAY 15TH JCR DOCKS AT ROTHERA
- Thursday 14th into Vanadsky and on through loose p...
- Thursday 14th, Through the Neumayer Chanel
- WEDNESDAY 13TH Annes Birthday - Coctails on the mo...
- KING GEORGE ISLAND Wednesday 13th
- Elephant Island
- DRAKES PASSAGE
- BLACK- BROWED ALABATROSS
- KING PENGUINS
- PENGUINS ON THE FALKLANDS
- THE JOURNEY DOWN
- ▼ December (19)