This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008
Sunday, December 10, 2006
The JCR is entering the convergence between The warm South Atlantic current and The cold Circumpolar current, creating on the convergence line the circumstance for a rich area of Krill, which is the lynchpin of the food chain, with whales at the top.
Scientists are sampling the ocean for temperature, salinity and fluorescence. The water is around 4500 meters deep here and I attach a polystyrene cup to the sink line.
- ► 2011 (33)
- FRIDAY 29TH. ANCHORAGE ISLAND
- THURSDAY 28TH. ORCHAS IN THE BAY
- SANTAS GROTTO AND AN ELEPHANT SEAL
- Summer Solstice
- Ice in the bay
- camping out and training on ice
- Saturday 16th, On the glacier above the base
- FRIDAY 15TH JCR DOCKS AT ROTHERA
- Thursday 14th into Vanadsky and on through loose p...
- Thursday 14th, Through the Neumayer Chanel
- WEDNESDAY 13TH Annes Birthday - Coctails on the mo...
- KING GEORGE ISLAND Wednesday 13th
- Elephant Island
- DRAKES PASSAGE
- BLACK- BROWED ALABATROSS
- KING PENGUINS
- PENGUINS ON THE FALKLANDS
- THE JOURNEY DOWN
- ▼ December (19)