This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Ice in the bay
This morning all our friends from the JCR science cruise are headed home for Christmas on the newly restored Dash 7.
The light here changes all the time as the sun circles the sky in a dipping ellipse, and as storm clouds gather over the mountains. When we first got here there was a big tabular berg in the South bay where it had been grounded all winter. As the day wore on it began to move slowly out to sea. On Sunday it was on the horizon, barely visible. On Monday it had gone.
Today Tuesday, the wind has changed direction and it is heading back to us, gleaming in the evening sunlight.
It has always been my intention to film a day in the life of an iceberg, following a berg in all it's subtle changes in colour and visibility. From white sky to black, faintly ethereal to gleaming white. It looks like I will have to follow it in space as well as time.
- ► 2011 (33)
- FRIDAY 29TH. ANCHORAGE ISLAND
- THURSDAY 28TH. ORCHAS IN THE BAY
- SANTAS GROTTO AND AN ELEPHANT SEAL
- Summer Solstice
- Ice in the bay
- camping out and training on ice
- Saturday 16th, On the glacier above the base
- FRIDAY 15TH JCR DOCKS AT ROTHERA
- Thursday 14th into Vanadsky and on through loose p...
- Thursday 14th, Through the Neumayer Chanel
- WEDNESDAY 13TH Annes Birthday - Coctails on the mo...
- KING GEORGE ISLAND Wednesday 13th
- Elephant Island
- DRAKES PASSAGE
- BLACK- BROWED ALABATROSS
- KING PENGUINS
- PENGUINS ON THE FALKLANDS
- THE JOURNEY DOWN
- ▼ December (19)