This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
22.00 hrs 12th December. It has been snowing all evening. Elephant Island looms out of the dusk. This is the sight which greeted Shackleton as he and his crew headed for the nearest land in 3 open boats. His crew over-wintered here under an upturned boat while Shackleton and two crew made for South Georgia in the James Caird. This is summer.
- ► 2011 (33)
- FRIDAY 29TH. ANCHORAGE ISLAND
- THURSDAY 28TH. ORCHAS IN THE BAY
- SANTAS GROTTO AND AN ELEPHANT SEAL
- Summer Solstice
- Ice in the bay
- camping out and training on ice
- Saturday 16th, On the glacier above the base
- FRIDAY 15TH JCR DOCKS AT ROTHERA
- Thursday 14th into Vanadsky and on through loose p...
- Thursday 14th, Through the Neumayer Chanel
- WEDNESDAY 13TH Annes Birthday - Coctails on the mo...
- KING GEORGE ISLAND Wednesday 13th
- Elephant Island
- DRAKES PASSAGE
- BLACK- BROWED ALABATROSS
- KING PENGUINS
- PENGUINS ON THE FALKLANDS
- THE JOURNEY DOWN
- ▼ December (19)