This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008

Monday, July 11, 2011

Laramie - day 1

Just looking at the map makes your heart sing:
The Wind River Range
Greybull
Bear Lodge Mountains
Medicine Bow
Shoshone
Bridger Teton
The Platte and The Big Horn rivers
Cheyenne

Laramie is at 7500 ' and the last time I came here for 3 days in November, I flew in to Denver from Sussex at sea level, then on to Laramie by bus where I suffered altitude sickness with hammering headaches and vomiting. Someone here who uses goats as pack animals high in the mountains, says that when the goats go high they chew on Yarrow. So I have been adding tincture of Yarrow to my water bottle and touch wood, it seems to be working.

Today we made a start and the site is perfect for the piece.







No comments: