This is a blog of ongoing projects starting with: 1) Antarctica -Dec. 2006 - February 2007 2) Work made from the experience 2008 3) Nevada Feb. - Oct. 2008

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

EVERYTHING NOTHING


Everything nothing
Hand written text in ink on an inkjet print on artists' paper.
88 x 78 cm.

The ice sheets of Antarctica are an endless expanse of nothingness. Its the kind of intense nothingness that both fills and empties the mind. Enfolded within the ice and revealed by the echograms and ice cores are 900,000 years of the history of the Earth. These waves of land and ice are like a heartbeat of the Earth.

3 comments:

Susan Kruse said...

I have loved your work for several years and was excited (and envious) when I found out that you were part of this project. The images you have posted here are absolutely stunning. I missed your last exhibition, but look forward to seeing these on show one day.

Unknown said...

Hi Chris not sure if you are still looking at your blog but I am very interested in the way you work with science and art. I am a Botanist and am now a student of a life-long learning course in fine art. I have set myself a project about the nature of creativity in science and art and wonder if you'd be happy to help by answering some questions. I could gush about how I love your work but guess that wouldn't help.

Catherine Scriven said...

Absolutely stunning and thought provoking work. I am fascinated by the layers, the concept the engrossing mix of science and art. Will be returning to explore site in more detail. I've been working on an archaeological site and exploring the layers of time and soil.